What We Believe
- Strategic: TransitCenter aims to shape transit policy and practice to make cities more just and environmentally sustainable. Our decisions are guided by strategic thinking about how to advance this mission.
- Public-spirited: Our work is grounded in the interests of transit riders and the broader public.
- Equitable: To rectify longstanding injustices and achieve greater social equity, TransitCenter strives to improve transit in ways that prioritize the mobility needs of people of color, people with low incomes, and people with disabilities.
- Rigorous: We hold ourselves to high standards. Our research is methodical and applicable in the real world. Our engagement with transit professionals consistently improves the state of agency practice. Our advocacy produces tangible policy reforms that make a difference in people’s lives.
- Inclusive and egalitarian: We foster an inclusive, egalitarian workplace where anyone can advance, everyone can contribute to major initiatives, and no one is above gruntwork.
- Collaborative: Both internally and in our relationships with outside partners, we encourage collaboration, honest communication, and the open exchange of ideas. We believe in teamwork and the power of complementary strengths.
- Respectful: We conduct ourselves with respect for the transit riders affected by our work, and for the transportation professionals and advocates we interact with.
- Nimble: We are flexible. We seize opportunities that strategically align with our goals, adjust in response to new information, and change course if it better serves our mission.
- Stewardship: Our staff are stewards of TransitCenter and shepherd our resources and reputation with care.